BACK TO BASICS
ORGANIC - NATURAL - ETHICALLY SOURCED - FAIR TRADE - SUSTAINABLY GROWN - LOCALLY SOURCED - CHEMICAL FREE - RETURNABLE PACKAGING
Welcome to our site
We are still currently under construction so please bare with us!
Orders will be delivered by a valued member of our team on WEDNESDAYS and FRIDAYS only to keep our carbon footprint down to a minimum. Please ensure you are happy with this before you place your order. Any orders required on an urgent/next day basis, please e-mail us beforehand so we can see if we can accommodate to this. Please keep in mind that it may cost extra for that service!
Otherwise, do enjoy getting to know more about us below!
Back to Basics Ethical Shop was born with love for our community, our surroundings and our Earth. The 'CIC' stands for Community Interest Company which means that we are set up for the benefit of the community. The way we plan to benefit the community is by; tackling social isolation, supporting local businesses and farmers and by donating all profits to charity.
* Social Isolation - We will "hire VIP Volunteers", exclusively from Senior Citizen / Elderly residential care homes, those studying at Specialist Colleges and also those who have a disability which does not restrict them from trying to achieve anything they wish to.
* Supporting Local Businesses and Farmers - Alongside other organic and natural products we will source, we will also be sourcing from local farmers and small, family ran businesses around the UK to widen the opportunities for them.
* Donating all profits to charity - After all staff and bills gets paid, EVERY penny will be donated to Back to Basics CIO charity, who are currently raising funds to create an organic community farm which is open to every member of society.
So what is so 'Ethical' about Back to Basics Ethical Shop?
Ethical to us means:
* Sustainably grown produce and products,
* Natural / Chemical Free products which are not harmful to ourselves, our skin and our unborn,
* Biodegrable products - so as to not keep contributing towards landfills,
* Organically grown fresh produce
* Products made with Love
* Carefully sourced local products
* Less / no waste, where reasonably possible
* Upcycled furnishings and items
* Supporting Local small/family ran businesses with great ideas and items
Our shop was born on November 2018, located in the pleasant close knit community bordering Wylde Green and Boldmere in Sutton Coldfield. Since November, we met some FANTASTIC people; our neighbours, like-minded from the surrounding areas and some great companies who have all been willing to contribute some of their precious time, skills and material to make us really come alive!
Starting from an empty shell, we were kindly donated some wood and unwanted desks and cabinets which our oh-so-talented Handy Andy managed to turn into the amazing counter which we have today! Follow our progress on Facebook - or check out our gallery for more updates!